Contact Centre Associates – FIRM DIVISION
Working in our leading-edge Supervision Hub, you will have the opportunity to become an experienced Financial Services Supervisor.
This is not your everyday contact centre.
Our division is expanding and leading the way in protecting consumers and establishing transparent relationships between financial services and consumers.
You will be the forefront of the FCA, gathering intel by taking calls from regulated firms by making your own judgements to draw out key information, while engaging with empathy and curiosity to deliver on key objectives.
About the FCA Firm Helpline:
At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
- We help firms with their regulatory requirements and with new authorisation enquiries
- We gather intelligence around the conduct of regulated firms
- We consider risks to consumers, referring information within the FCA
As a supervisor, you will be the first point of contact for firms contacting the FCA.
The role requires a balance of excellent customer service with an investigatory mind-set. You will be curious and able to gather relevant information while using your own judgement and building relationships across the organisation. You will also be resilient and able to work to SLAs
For further insight into what it is like to work in our department, watch the following video.by copying and pasting this link into your browser; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z8fHMw3m9g
- Responding to firm calls on a wide range of regulatory enquiries
- Liaising with other FCA staff to resolve complex queries
- Drafting written correspondence
- Using judgement to absorb, interpret and summarise large quantities of information
- Identifying and escalating cases where there is a risk
- You will make a significant contribution to the aims of the FCA to protect consumers and reduce harm
- Working for the regulator, you will be part of a team that plays a critical role for everyone in the UK who is a consumer of financial services
- You will develop your spoken and written communication skills, exercising your judgement to gather intelligence and feedback into the organisation
- You will be in regular contact with the rest of the FCA, and will build relationships beyond your direct team building your knowledge of financial regulation
- You will enter an environment of continuous learning, receiving first class training and support
We’re a signatory to the Government’s Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate’s CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including active listening and using simple language
- An investigatory mind-set, knowing how to find answers
- An ability to make judgement-based decisions, using analytical skills to clarify situations
- Excellent relationship building skills, building rapport, adapting to and empathising with others
- Resilient, able to work to SLAs even when under pressure
- Positive, composed, impartial and productive
- Previous contact/call centre experience
- Knowledge of financial services products
- A general knowledge of the FCA rules and regulations
- Proficient IT skills
- Understanding how individual issues form part of a larger picture
- We would welcome applicants who are fluent in Welsh, this is however not a mandatory requirement for this role
At the FCA, we’re creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We’re establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
Our Supervision Hub, an integral part of the FCA's system of supervision, delivers through several mechanisms. These include:
- In depth conversations with firms about their regulatory obligations, ranging from FCA Handbook understanding, to our forms, returns and systems, to the application of legislation
- Direct daily dialogue with hundreds of consumers to explore their experiences of the conduct of financial services firms, and uncovering consumer harm through scams and unauthorised business
- The assessment and mitigation of small firm risks through our Events Supervision team
- The analysis and sharing of insights and intelligence from the 200,000+ enquiries handled every year
Authorisations ensures that only firms and individuals in key roles that are fit and proper may enter and remain in the market. It does this via the gateway, which includes the essential role played by the Customer Contact Centre (CCC).
At various times Authorisations interacts with 56,000 firms and more than 130,000 individuals authorised and approved by the FCA as well as a constant stream of new entrants to the market. Through interactions with firms, whether already authorised or new entrants, the Division helps to shape how firms operate or propose to operate in the market.
Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis.
- This role is graded REG A
- The salary range will be 23,000 with a framework to progress to 28,000 (competence based) plus a competitive benefits package and non-contributory pension
Applications for this role close on Sunday 20th October 2019. Due to the high volume of vacancies to fill, we strongly advise you to submit your application in advance of this deadline. Application outcomes will be communicated throughout the advertising period.
- Stage 1: On-line application, please submit your CV
- Stage 2: Telephone interviews, including a roleplay exercise, are expected to be scheduled from 9th October 2019
- Stage 3: Telephone role play interviews are expected to take place week commencing 14th October 2019
- If successful you will be invited to a face to face competency-based interview
If you are interested to know more about the role:
For internal applications, please contact Georgi Kostadinov on Georgi.Kostadinov@fca.org.uk
For external applications, please contact Vijay Patel at Vijay.Patel@fca.org.uk
Please note, applications must be submitted through our online portal. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
This opportunity is closed to applications.